This page contains instructions on how to submit your movie to the site.
A. Preparing VMM Movies for Submission
This removes unused expansions from your movie and MASSIVELY reduces the filesize.
- Download Jayrod's VMM Cleaner.
- Extract the VmmCleaner.zip file into a new folder.
- Copy your movie file to this folder.
- Drag-and-drop the movie file onto the vmmcleaner.exe file.
B. Compressing your movie file
- Download 7-Zip and install it.
- Take your .vmm/.3mm file (BE SURE to include any custom fonts as well) and select it/them.
- Right click on the selected files and hover over "7-Zip >"
- Click "Add to Archive..." in the menu that appears.
- In the archiver menu, be sure "7z" is selected on the top left.
- Click "OK" at the bottom.
C. Uploading your file
- Sign into Google Drive.
- Click "New" at the top left of the page.
- Click "file upload" in the menu that appears.
- Select your .7z file.
- At the bottom right, there should be an indicator of your uploading file.
- Once this indicator turns to a blue checkmark, click on the filename.
- Click the ⋮ symbol at the top right of the page.
- Click "Share".
- Now, THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP. When the share window opens, click on the text near the bottom that says "Restricted" with a padlock icon.
- Select "Anyone with the Link".
- Finally, click "copy link" at the bottom of the share window.
D. Submitting your movie
Simply email your movie to [email protected].